How can I help?
- With the CrowdWater App you can create virtual stations and send us you estimates and measurements! Download the App today and collect valuable data.
- In the current project phase we are still comparing the data that you collect with traditionally measured data. Therefore it is most helpful if you measure water levels and streamflow at Swiss rivers where there are also gauging stations from the authorities (see map below). The measurement does not need to be taken exactly at the spot where the marker is, but at the same river. While these measurements are most helpful for us at the moment, it is certainly also a great contribution if you start spots anywhere else in the world.
- We would appreciate it if you could pass by one of our pen-and-paper stations on the map and take a measurement. You can find them in the beautiful Vallon de Nant, the Mittelland, the Wildnispark Sihlwald and even in the Swiss National Park.
- If you would like to help but would prefer to do so from your computer, join the CrowdWater game. By playing the game you help us check the quality of stream level data by comparing pictures.
- If you know someone who is interested in hydrology, citizen science or crowdsourcing feel free to recommend our facebook page, share our youtube videos, this homepage or to follow us on twitter and tell them to come and visit our measurement stations.
- We are always grateful for any feedback on our project!
If you would like to register for our newsletter please click here.